HOME ~ Contact us
John Webb and Susanna Cunliffe
Born (on 12 April 1640-S5,S6)(in 1642-S1)(about 1642-S2) (in Boston-S1,S5)(probably in Boston-S2), Suffolk County, Massachusetts; son of John WEBB and Anna BASSETT. (S2,S5).
John married Susanna CUNLIFFE on 12 December 1665 in Northampton County, Massachusettes.(S1,S2,S5,S7).
John Webb is said to be one of the founders of Haddam (S5), but that was another John Webb.
He served in King Philip's War and participated in Turner's Falls Fight under Capt. William Turner. (S6).
He died on 3 April 1720 in Northampton, Hampshire County, Massachusetts.(S1,S2,S5,S6) He was buried in the Bridge Street Cemetery, Northampton, Hampshire County, Massachusetts. (S1,S6).
Susanna was born on (15 March 1643-S)(15 March 1644-1645-S1,S2,S5) in Dorchester, Suffolk County, Massachusetts (S1,S2,S3,S5); daughter of Henry CUNLIFFE and Susanna. (S5). the only child of Henry Cunliffe. (S7).
She married (1) Eldad Pomeroy. (S5). He was killed by lightning 22 MAY 1662 at Northampton, Hampshire, Massachusetts. (S5).
She married (2) Matthew Cole in 1663 in Northampton, Massachusetts. He was killed by lightning, April 1665. (S4)
[So which one was killed by lightning, or does it strike twice?]
She married (3) John Webb on (12 DEC 1665-S5) in (Northampton, Hampshire, Massachusetts-S5)(Stamford, Fairfield, Connecticut).
She died on 30 October 1735 in Northampton, Hampshire County, Massachusetts (S5,S7) and was buried in Northampton, Hampshire County, Massachusetts.
CHILDREN of John WEBB and Susanna CUNLIFFE:
- John Webb. Born 8 January 1666-1667 in Northampton, Hampshire County, Massachusetts. He married Hannah [Anna] about 1693. She died 11 September 1719 in Springfield, Massachusetts. He died 27 January 1711-1712 in Springfield, Massachusetts. CHILDREN of John Webb and Hannah/Anna: Cornelius Webb (1694-1777); Anna Webb (1696-1771); Ebenezer Webb (1704-1747); Sarah Webb (1713-1731). [Some say that he was the John Webb who married Ruth Graves (S5), but that John Webb was of Saybrook, CT. ].
- Henry Webb. Born on 27 November 1668 in Northampton, Massachusetts. He married Mary Hurlbutt (b: October 16, 1672; d. abt. 1713). They were married on 10 October 1695 in Wethersfield, Connecticut. He died about 1712-1713. CHILDREN of Henry Webb and Mary Hurlbutt: Mary Webb (1701-?); Sarah Webb (?-?); Ebenezer Webb (1697-1776); Hannah Webb (1699-1783); Ozzange Webb (1696-1738); George Webb (1703-1753).
- Anna Webb. Born on (4)(24) February 1670-1671 in Northampton, Massachusetts. She died on 7 October 1748. She married William Wait on 5 January 1690-1691. He died on 6 February 1731-1732.
- Ebenezer Webb. Born (on 8 May)(on 16 January) 1673 in Northampton, Massachusetts. He died after 1703 in Norwalk, Connecticut.
- Sarah Webb. Born on 28 December 1675.
- Mindwell Webb. Born on 31 May 1678. She married Ezekiel Perigoe (Perigue). [Did he marry sisters, or are Mindwell and Mary the same person?].
- Mary Webb. Born on 20 August 1681 in Northampton, Massachusetts. She married Ezekiel Perigoe on 3 February 1706-1707.
- Thankful Webb. Born on 21 April 1684 in Northampton, Massachusetts. She died after 1703 in Norwalk, Connecticut
- [S1]. Descendants of Sir Henry WEBB. http://jimwebb.rootsweb.com/webb/pafg10.htm#5152.
- [S2]. Descendants of John Webb. http://genealogyinstlouis.accessgenealogy.com/webb.htm.
- [S3]. http://www.bedardphoto.com/tree/jgedcom/dat20.html.
- [S4]. http://ancestor.homestead.com/files/Susanna_Cunliffe.htm
- [S5]. John Webb and Susannah Cunliffe. http://www.jfredpeterson.com/tree/g11webb.htm
- [S6]. John Webb. Find A Grave. https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/39584097/john-webb.
- [S7]. The descendants of William Wilcoxson, Vincent Meigs, and Richard Webb. Ancestry.com