Home ~ Contact us
Elisha Stoddard and Rebecca Curtis
(Sergeant-S3) Elisha STODDARD. [PC T3], [Ancestors].
Born (in 1706-S2)(on 24 November 1706-S3,S8), in Woodbury, Litchfield County, Connecticut; son of (Reverend) Anthony Stoddard and Prudence Goodrich Welles. (S3).
He married Rebecca CURTIS (in 1727-S9) at Woodbury, Litchfield County, Connecticut.
Sometimes it is said that he married Rebecca Sherman. For Example:
He married Rebekah Sherman, daughter of Matthew Sherman and Hannah Seeley. It is also reported that Elisha Stoddard married, in 1726, Rebekah Curtis, born about 1706, the daughter of Stephen Curtis and Sarah Minor. It is likely this is a disagreement among sources rather than a second marriage. (S8)
He died (in 1766-S8)(on 27 August 1766-S9) at Woodbury, Litchfield County, Connecticut (S8); and was buried in the South Cemetery, Woodbury, Litchfield County, Connecticut. (S9).
Rebecca CURTIS. (Curtis-S5,S7,S8)(Sherman-S1,S6,S8) [PC T3].
Born on 28 July 1705 in Woodbury, Connecticut; daughter of Stephen CURTIS and Sarah MINER. (S5).
She was christened on 29 July 1705 in Woodbury, Connecticut. (S4).
She married Elisha STODDARD.
She died (after 1748-S8)(on 30 September 1749-S5) in Woodbury, Litchfield County, Connecticut.
CHILDREN of Elisha STODDARD and Rebecca CURTIS:
- Solomon Stoddard. Born 29 December 1728 in Woodbury, Connecticut. (S1).
- Mary Stoddard. Born 29 March 1733 in Woodbury, Connecticut. (S1,S3). married Mr. Judson.
- Elisha Stoddard. Born on (4-S1)(14-S3) November 1735 in Woodbury, Connecticut.
- David STODDARD. [PC T3],[Ancestors]. Born 29 January 1737-1738 at Woodbury, Connecticut. (S1,S3). He married Elizabeth REED on 9 September 1762. He died 14 November 1820 at North Hero, Grand Isle, Vermont.
- Mehetabel Stoddard. Born in 1739. (S3).
- Damaris Stoddard. Born (21 June-S1)(in June-S3) 1741 in Woodbury, Connecticut. (S3).
- Jotham Stoddard. Born (24 july-S1)(in July-S3) 1743 in Woodbury, Connecticut.
- Daniel Stoddard. Born on 11 April 1746 at Woodbury, Connecticut. (S1,S3).
- Rebecca Stoddard. (Rebecca)(Rebekah-S1). Born 14 August 1748 in Woodbury, Connecticut. (S1).
- [S1]. North America, Family Histories, 1500-2000. Ancestry.com.
- [S2]. American Genealogical-Biographical Index (AGBI). Ancestry.com.
- [S3]. Connecticut Town Birth Records, pre-1870 (Barbour Collection). Woodbury Vital Records 1674-1850. Ancestry.com.
- [S4]. Connecticut, Church Record Abstracts, 1630-1920. Ancestry.com.
- [S5]. Family Files. Ancestry.com.
- [S6]. Kimball G. Everingham's Genealogical Database. http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=DESC&db=kgeveringham&id=I2086.
- [S7]. Rebecca Curtis. It's All Relative. http://www.itsallrelative.info/getperson.php?personID=I7840.
- [S8]. Rev. Anthony Stoddard of Woodbury, Connecticut, Colonial Clergyman. https://www.wikitree.com/photo.php/9/9a/Stoddard-18.pdf.
- [S9]. Elisha Stoddard. Find A Grave. https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/57204275/Elisha-Stoddard.
- [S10]. Elisha Stoddard. Geni. https://www.geni.com/people/Elisha-Stoddard/6000000000875319135.
HOW ARE WE RELATED:
Elisha Stoddard and Rebecca Curtis
David Stoddard and Elizabeth Reed
Polly Stoddard and William Haynes
Isaiah Hamblin. He married Daphne Haynes.
Jacob Vernon Hamblin md Sarah Priscilla Leavitt.
Ella Ann Hamblin md Warren Moroni Tenney.
Clive Vernon Tenney md Minnie Williams
Mildred Ella Tenney = Glenn Russell Handy
Deborah Lee Handy and Rodney Allen Morris