Home ~ Contact us
Anthony Stoddard and Prudence Goodrich Welles
(Reverend) Anthony STODDARD. [Ancestors].
Born 9 August 1678 at Northampton, Hampshire County, Massachusetts; son of Solomon STODDARD and Esther WARHAM. (S2). He was a Reverend.
He graduated from Harvard in 1697. (S2).
He was ordained on 27 Mary 1702. (S2).
He settled as minister in Woodbury, Connecticut. (S2).
He married (1) Prudence Goodrich Welles on (20 October 1700-S1)(1 March 1701-S2).
Prudence died in May 1714. (S2).
He married (2) Mary Sherman on 2 January 1715. (S2).
He died on 6 September 1760 (S1,S2,S5), at Wethersfield, Hartford County, Connecticut. (S1).
Prudence Goodrich Welles. (Wells-S1)(Welles-S6).
Born (in 1682-S1)(on 9 August 1682-S7), (of Woodbury, Litchfield County-S1)(at Wethersfield, Hartford County-S7), Connecticut; daughter of (Captain) Robert Welles and Elizabeth Goodrich. (S7).
She married Anthony STODDARD on 20 October 1700. (S1,S7).
She died (in May 1714-S2) (in 1714-S1)(on 16 April 1715-S7) at Woodbury, Litchfield County, Connecticut (S1,S7); and was buried in Wethersfield Village Cemetery, Wethersfield, Hartford County, Connecticut. (S7).
CHILDREN of Anthony Stoddard and Prudence Goodrich Welles:
(daughter) Stoddard. Born 8 July 1701, and died the same day. (S5).
- Mary Stoddard. b. June 19, 1702.
- Solomon Stoddard. b. Oct. 12, 1703 ; d. May 23, 1727, " with the
- Eliakim Stoddard. b. April 3, 1705; d. 1750. He m. Joanna
Curtiss, in 1729.
- Elisha STODDARD. Born 24 November 1706. He married (Rebecca CURTIS-S1)(Rebekah Sherman-S2). He died on 27 August 1766.
- Israel Stoddard. b. Aug. 7, 1708 ; d. May 30, 1727.
- John Stoddard. b. March 2, 1710.
- Prudence Stoddard. b. Oct. 12, 1711.
- Gideon Stoddard. b. May 27, 1714, m. Olive Curtiss, 1734.
Daughter of (Deacon) John Sherman and Elizabeth. (S2).
She was christened in March, 1691-1692. (S2).
She died on 12 January 1720. (S2,S5).
CHILDREN of Anthony Stoddard and Mary Sherman:
- Esther Stoddard. Born Oct. 11, 1716, m. Preserved Strong.
- Abijah Stoddard. b. Feb. 28, 1718, m. Eunice Curtiss, April 4, 1739.
- Elizabeth Stoddard. b. Nov. 15, 1719, m. Daniel :R^nn.
- [S1]. Rev. Anthony Stoddard of Woodbury, Connecticut, Colonial Clergyman. Contributed by Leslie Barrow. https://www.wikitree.com/photo.php/9/9a/Stoddard-18.pdf.
- [S4]. History of ancient Woodbury, Connecticut, from the first Indian deed in 1659 ... including the pre2ent towns of Washington, Southbury, Bethlem, Roxbury, and a part of Oxford and Middlebury". http://www.archive.org/stream/historyofancient21coth/historyofancient21coth_djvu.txt.
- [S5]. Connecticut Town Birth Records, pre-1870 (Barbour Collection). Woodbury Vital Records 1674-1850. Ancestry.com.
- [S6]. Elisha Stoddard. Find A Grave. https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/57204275/Elisha-Stoddard.
- [S7]. Prudence Goodrich Stoddard. Geni. https://www.geni.com/people/Prudence-Stoddard/6000000003858764858.
HOW ARE WE RELATED:
Hugh Stoddard (1485-1546)
William Stoddard and Emma Cheeseman
George Stoddard and Anne Herdson
Nicholas Stoddard and Elizabeth Eden
Anthony Stoddard and Alice Martin
Anthony Stoddard and Mary Downing
(Reverend) Solomon Stoddard and Esther Warham
(Reverend) Anthony Stoddard and Prudence Goodrich Welles
Elisha Stoddard and Rebecca Curtis
David Stoddard and Elizabeth Reed
Polly Stoddard and William Haynes
Isaiah Hamblin. He married Daphne Haynes.
Jacob Vernon Hamblin md Sarah Priscilla Leavitt.
Ella Ann Hamblin md Warren Moroni Tenney.
Clive Vernon Tenney md Minnie Williams
Mildred Ella Tenney = Glenn Russell Handy
Deborah Lee Handy and Rodney Allen Morris