Home ~ Contact us
Randulfus. (Ranulphus de Mesnil Warin-S4). [see Descendants].
Born about (1030-S3)(1045) at Contentin, Normandy, France.
He came to England as a tenant of Hugh Lupus, Earl of Chester and Vicomte of the Cotentin in Normandy. He was one of 32 persons to receive part of Cheshire from William the Conqueror. He was given 15 lordships (Blacon, Winnington, Tatton, Nether Peover, Warford, Over Peover, Cepmondwich, Owlarton, Snelson, Cogshull, Wheelock, Telton, Northenden, Sunderland, and Baggiley, and Waybourne, Norfolk). (S3,S4).
Randulfus was lord of various towns in Cheshire and Norfolk, England, at the time of the Domesday survey in 1086. (S1,S3).
He died after 1086 in Cheshire. (S3).
NOTE: S4 says there is a generation between Randulfus and Roger. It gives:
CHILDREN of Randulfus:
- Roger MESNILWARIN. [see PC M2-10-4-5-1]. Gave Plumley to Chester Abbey, England before 1119.
- Richard Mesnilwarin. (S3).
- Rosein Mesnilwarin. (daughter). (S3).
- [S1]. Mainwaring. Tod's Slice Of The Web. http://todmar.net/ancestry/Mainwaring_main.htm. QUOTES as sources: a) Medieval English Ancestors of Robert Abell. by Carl Boyer, 3rd.
- [S2]. http://www.deloriahurst.com/deloriahurst%20page/3951.html.
- [S3]. Randulfus (Mainwaring) de Mainwaring (abt. 1030 - aft. 1086). WikiTree. http://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Mainwaring-371. QUOTES as sources: a) http://todmar.net. b) Medieval English Ancestors of Robert Abell" by Carl Boyer, 3rd. c) Genealogy of Shropshire [by Joseph Morris] vol. 3 p. 1116 d) The History of the County Palatine and City of Chester (1882), Ormerod, George, ( vol. 1 p. 478; vol. 3 p. 226, 229. e) A short history of the Mainwaring family (1890), Finley, Reginald Mainwaring, (1890. Facsimile reprint, London: The Research Publishing Co., 1976), p. 29.
- [S4]. A Short History of the Mainwaring Family. by R. Mainwaring Finley. London: Griffith, Farran Ckeden & Welsh. Newbery House, Charing Cross Road. 1890.