HOME ~ Contact us
Henry Penny and Jane Dabinott
[F4514]. Henry PENNY. [How We Are Related].
Born 12 December 1571 at Paignton, Devonshire, England; son of William PENNY [F9028]. He was christened 12 December 1571 at Broad Chalke, Wiltshire, England. [How far apart are Paignton and Broad Chalk? Is that the same Henry?].
Paignton is a seaside town on the coast of Tor Bay in Devonshire, England. (S7).
Broad Chalke, sometimes spelled Broadchalke, Broad Chalk or Broadchalk, is a village and civil parish in Wiltshire, England, about 8 miles (13 km) west of the city of Salisbury. (S8).
Henry married (1) Margaret on 1 May 1588 in Saint Andrew, Plymouth, Devonshire, England.
He married (2) Jane DABINOTT [F4515] on 10 July 1589 at Saint Andrew, Plymouth, Devonshire, England.
His will was written 6 April 1630 at Paignton, Devonshire, England. (S3).
Extracts From the Will of Henry Penny:
Will of HENRY PENNY of Paignton, Baker, Dated 6 April 1630. To poor of this parish 3/4. To Allen Penny my Son, my great Bible. To Joane Barter my daugher, one platter dish. To Katherine Penny my daughter, my great pan, etc.. To Cicelly Chapin my daugher, my second great pan. To Elliner Penny my daughter, three panscalled Coomings pans, etc.. To Allise Penny my daughter, one pan, called the Cheepe pan. To Susan Penny my daughter, one cupboard, one tableboard and one bedstead in Bridgetowne Pomery, etc. . To David Chapin my nephew, 20/ yearly for 7 years to be paid by Executrix towards his bringing up in learning. To William Penny my nephew, my best silver spoons. To Jane Penny one other of the children of my said son Allen Penny, 12d. To Katherine Penny one other daughter of Allen Penny, 12d. To Jane Barter, Joane Barter and Elizabeth Barter, children of Robert Barter, 12d each. To Katherine Chapin and Sarah Chapin 12d each. Residue to Jane my wife and make her Executrix...HENRY PENNY. (S3).
He died on 13 May 1630, Paignton, Devonshire, England, and was buried there the same day. (S4).
Inventory of his estate was made by William Churchmard, Ellize Todd, Allen Penny and Samuel Chapin on 18 May 1630. (S3).
Margaret was born before 1570 in St Andrew, Plymouth, Devonshire, England. She married Henry PENNY [F4514] on 1 May 1588 in Saint Andrew, Plymouth, Devonshire, England.
[F4515]. Jane DABINOTT. [How We Are Related].
She was born (between 1573-1601)(in 1573) in Paignton, Devonshire, England; said (S9) to be the daughter of Henry Dabinott and Rawlin Manfield.
She married Henry PENNY on 10 July 1589 in Saint Andrew, Plymouth, Devonshire, England.
Jane died on 29 October 1637 in Paignton, Devonshire, England and was buried on 29 October 1637 in Paignton, Devonshire, England.
CHILDREN of Henry PENNY and Jane DABINOTT:
- Allen Penny. Born abt 1595, Of Paignton, Devon Co., EN. Married Chrystian Fosse 9 Feb 1623/24.
- Joane Penny. Born 1597, Paignton, Devon Co., EN. Married Robert Barter.
- Katherine Penny. Born 30 Sep 1599, Paignton, Devon Co., EN. Married Thomas Benet 12 Jul 1632.
- [F2257]. Cicley PENNY. Born 27 February 1600-1601 at Paignton, Devonshire, England. She married Samuel CHAPIN [F2256] on 9 Febrary 1622-1623 at Paignton, Devonshire, England. She died on 8 February 1681-1682 at Springfield, Hampden County, Massachusetts.
- Ellinor Penny. Born 15 Jan 1603/04, Paignton, Devon Co., EN.
- Alice Penny. Born 20 Apr 1606, Paignton, Devon, Eng. Married George Adam on 7 Feb 1630/31.
- Susan Penny. Born 2 Dec 1608, Paignton, Devon Co., EN. Married John Hilling on 22 Jan 1634/35.
- David Penny. Born abt 1610, Paignton, Devon Co., EN.
- William Penny. Born abt 1612, Paignton, Devon Co., EN.
- [S1]. LeGrand Elliott Morris Family Records.
- [S2]. Ancestral File Number: 55KC-FM. User ID: 4838/9246. Ancestral File Ver 4.10 Born ?1618/1628, Chr 12 Dec 1571, Died Wp (Will Proved) 18 May 1630, PMM6-0S Ver 4.13 Born Abt 1597, Ver 4.19 Died 18May 1630, Buried 13 May 1630.
- [S3]. The Chapin Book of Genealogical Data, With Brief Biographical Sketches of the Descendants of Deacon Samuel Chapin, Gilbert Warren Chapin, Vol I, Chapin Family Association, Hartford Connecticut, 1924. pIX:
- [S4]. Geneal.net. Ancestors of Eugene Ashton Andrew Jr & Anna Louise Hanish. http://www.geneal.net/1108.htm.
- [S5]. ANCESTRY.COM. World Ancestral Chart No. 17450 Ancestors of Wayne G Thorpe and Olive Loraine Slade.
- [S6]. INTERNATIONAL GENEALOGY INDEX. IGI Christening ?Undocumented Father of Cicely PENNY, IGI Marriage Henry PENNYE Mar Joan ?Undocumented Parents of Cicely PENNY.
- [S7]. Paignton. Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paignton.
- [S8]. Broad Chalke. Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broad_Chalke.
- [S9]. Individual Family files. Ancestry.com
HOW ARE WE RELATED
Jane Dabinott (c1573-1637) md Henry Penny
Cecily Penny (1601-1683) md Samuel Chapin
Japhet Chapin (1642-1712) md Abilenah Cooley
Samuel Chapin (1665-1729) md Hannah Sheldon
Caleb Chapin (1701-1755) md Catherine Dickinson
Submit Chapin (1747-1815) md Joseph Alvord
Thaddeus Alvord (1781-1874) md Sally Wellington
Charlotte Alvord (1815-1879) md (1) Lyman Curtis; md (2) Peter Mack Elliott
Harriett Louisa Elliott (1860-1902) md James Newberry Morris
Eli Ray Morris (1892-1980) md Tina Matilda Kunzler
LeGrand Elliott Morri (1916-2005) md Dorothea Berta Ernestine Kersten
Rodney Allen Morris and Deborah Lee Handy