[F7490]. William MOULTON.
Born about 1617 at Ormsby, Norfolkshire, England. Ormsby lies “near Great Yarmouth and not far from Norwich, in County Norfolk.”
William came to New England with the family of Robert PAGE [F7614] in 1637, when he was 20 years old. William MOULTON and John MOULTON, both of Ormsby and later Newbury in Massachusetts, were both “examined” on the same day, on 11 APR 1637, before leaving England. John was born about 1599 in Ormsby, and was probably a brother to William; though with the age difference, he could have been his father. Thomas MOULTON was probably another brother. He also lived in Newbury, Massachusetts and Hampton, New Hampshire; but he finally settled in York, Maine.
Two ships apparently sailed together, and these brothers came on one or the other of them. One was the ship John and Dorethy of Ipswich, with William Andrews the master. The other ship was the Rose, commanded by the son of William Andrews.
They probably landed at Boston, and then they went to Newbury, Massachusetts. They remained there a little over a year.
They then joined a new settlement at Winnacunnett, now Hampton, Rockingham County, New Hampshire in (1639-S?). There William MOULTON “took up his permanent abode” near Thomas MOULTON and John MOULTON.
He married Margaret PAGE  about 1651, and they settled for a short time near her parents. William and Margaret moved to Hampton, New Hampshire in (1639-S?)(in 1651-S?).
His will was dated 8 MAR 1663. (Essex County, Mass., Probate Records, Vol. 2, ppg 9-11). In it he declares himself to be “sick and weak of body.” He died 18 APR 1664. He left a large estate, a double mansion in one of the best locations in the new township, with orchards, tillable land, meadows, and marshes, as well as considerable personal estate.
[F7491]. Margaret PAGE.
Born in 1629 at Ormsby, Norfolkshire, England; daughter of Robert PAGE [(F7614)] and Lucy (Lucia) WARD [(F7615)]. She married (1) William MOULTON [F7490] about 1651. She married (2) Lieutenant John SANBORN. She died 13 JUL 1699, probably at Hampton, New Hampshire.
CHILDREN of William MOULTON [F7490] and Margaret PAGE [F7491]:
- Joseph MOULTON. He married 24 MAY 1677 to Bathyah SWAINE, daughter of William SWAINE.
- Benjamin MOULTON. Born about 1648. He married Hannah WALL, dau. of James WALL. He died 28 MAR 1728.
- Hannah MOULTON. Born 15 FEB 1652. She married Josiah SANBORN. She died 6 NOV 1687.
- Mary MOULTON. Born in 1654. She died 27 JUL 1664. However, Savage says she also married Jonathan HAYNES, who married (2) her sister Sarah.
- [F3745]. Sarah MOULTON. Born 17 DEC 1656. She married 30 DEC 1674 to Jonathan HAYNES [F3744] of Newbury, Massachusetts.
- Ruth MOULTON. Born 7 MAY 1659. She married Richard SANBORN.
- Robert MOULTON. Born 8 NOV 1661. He married 29 MAY 1689 to Lucy SMITH. He died 11 OCT 1732.
- William MOULTON. Born 25 MAY 1664. He married (1) 27 MAY 1685 to Abigail WEBSTER, daughter of John WEBSTER, Jr. of Ipswich, Massachusetts. She died 24 JUL 1723. He married (2) Sarah. He owned land in Amesbury and Salisbury. He is called in various records, Weaver, Inn Holder, Trader, Merchant. He had a shop Near Moulton Hill in Newbury, and he made silver buckles and ornaments. His will was dated 12 OCT 1732, and was proved on 30 OCT 1732.
- [S1]. Some Descendants of John Moulton and William Moulton of Hampton, N. H., 1592-1892. Compiled by Augustus F. Moulton. Reprinted by Higginson Book Co., Derby Square, Salem, Mass. 01970.