HOME ~ Contact us
Joash, King of Judah, and Jehoaddan
Joash. (Jehoash). King of Judah. [CHART A7].
Son of Ahaziah and Zibiah.
1 And when Athaliah the mother of Ahaziah saw that her son was dead, she arose and destroyed all the seed royal.
2 But Jehosheba, the daughter of king Joram, sister of Ahaziah, took Joash the son of Ahaziah, and stole him from among the king's sons which were slain; and they hid him, even him and his nurse, in the bedchamber from Athaliah, so that he was not slain.
3 And he was with her hid in the house of the LORD six years. And Athaliah did reign over the land.
4 And the seventh year Jehoiada sent and fetched the rulers over hundreds, with the captains and the guard, and brought them to him into the house of the LORD, and made a covenant with them, and took an oath of them in the house of the LORD, and shewed them the king's son.
5 And he commanded them, saying, This is the thing that ye shall do; A third part of you that enter in on the sabbath shall even be keepers of the watch of the king's house;
6 And a third part shall be at the gate of Sur; and a third part at the gate behind the guard: so shall ye keep the watch of the house, that it be not broken down.
7 And two parts of all you that go forth on the sabbath, even they shall keep the watch of the house of the LORD about the king.
8 And ye shall compass the king round about, every man with his weapons in his hand: and he that cometh within the ranges, let him be slain: and be ye with the king as he goeth out and as he cometh in.
9 And the captains over the hundreds did according to all things that Jehoiada the priest commanded: and they took every man his men that were to come in on the sabbath, with them that should go out on the sabbath, and came to Jehoiada the priest.
10 And to the captains over hundreds did the priest give king David's spears and shields, that were in the temple of the LORD.
11 And the guard stood, every man with his weapons in his hand, round about the king, from the right corner of the temple to the left corner of the temple, along by the altar and the temple.
12 And he brought forth the king's son, and put the crown upon him, and gave him the testimony; and they made him king, and anointed him; and they clapped their hands, and said, God save the king.
13 And when Athaliah heard the noise of the guard and of the people, she came to the people into the temple of the LORD.
14 And when she looked, behold, the king stood by a pillar, as the manner was, and the princes and the trumpeters by the king, and all the people of the land rejoiced, and blew with trumpets: and Athaliah rent her clothes, and cried, Treason, Treason.
15 But Jehoiada the priest commanded the captains of the hundreds, the officers of the host, and said unto them, Have her forth without the ranges: and him that followeth her kill with the sword. For the priest had said, Let her not be slain in the house of the LORD.
16 And they laid hands on her; and she went by the way by the which the horses came into the king's house: and there was she slain.
17 And Jehoiada made a covenant between the LORD and the king and the people, that they should be the LORD'S people; between the king also and the people.
18 And all the people of the land went into the house of Baal, and brake it down; his altars and his images brake they in pieces thoroughly, and slew Mattan the priest of Baal before the altars. And the priest appointed officers over the house of the LORD.
19 And he took the rulers over hundreds, and the captains, and the guard, and all the people of the land; and they brought down the king from the house of the LORD, and came by the way of the gate of the guard to the king's house. And he sat on the throne of the kings.
20 And all the people of the land rejoiced, and the city was in quiet: and they slew Athaliah with the sword beside the king's house.
21 Seven years old was Jehoash when he began to reign.
2 Kings, Chapter 11.
2 Kings, Chapter 12:
1 In the seventh year of Jehu Jehoash began to reign; and forty years reigned he in Jerusalem. And his mother's name was Zibiah of Beersheba.
2 And Jehoash did that which was right in the sight of the LORD all his days wherein Jehoiada the priest instructed him.
3 But the high places were not taken away: the people still sacrificed and burnt incense in the high places.
4 And Jehoash said to the priests, All the money of the dedicated things that is brought into the house of the LORD, even the money of every one that passeth the account, the money that every man is set at, and all the money that cometh into any man's heart to bring into the house of the LORD,
5 Let the priests take it to them, every man of his acquaintance: and let them repair the breaches of the house, wheresoever any breach shall be found.
6 But it was so, that in the three and twentieth year of king Jehoash the priests had not repaired the breaches of the house.
7 Then king Jehoash called for Jehoiada the priest, and the other priests, and said unto them, Why repair ye not the breaches of the house? now therefore receive no more money of your acquaintance, but deliver it for the breaches of the house.
8 And the priests consented to receive no more money of the people, neither to repair the breaches of the house.
9 But Jehoiada the priest took a chest, and bored a hole in the lid of it, and set it beside the altar, on the right side as one cometh into the house of the LORD: and the priests that kept the door put therein all the money that was brought into the house of the LORD.
10 And it was so, when they saw that there was much money in the chest, that the king's scribe and the high priest came up, and they put up in bags, and told the money that was found in the house of the LORD.
11 And they gave the money, being told, into the hands of them that did the work, that had the oversight of the house of the LORD: and they laid it out to the carpenters and builders, that wrought upon the house of the LORD,
12 And to masons, and hewers of stone, and to buy timber and hewed stone to repair the breaches of the house of the LORD, and for all that was laid out for the house to repair it.
13 Howbeit there were not made for the house of the LORD bowls of silver, snuffers, basons, trumpets, any vessels of gold, or vessels of silver, of the money that was brought into the house of the LORD:
14 But they gave that to the workmen, and repaired therewith the house of the LORD.
15 Moreover they reckoned not with the men, into whose hand they delivered the money to be bestowed on workmen: for they dealt faithfully.
16 The trespass money and sin money was not brought into the house of the LORD: it was the priests'.
17 Then Hazael king of Syria went up, and fought against Gath, and took it: and Hazael set his face to go up to Jerusalem.
18 And Jehoash king of Judah took all the hallowed things that Jehoshaphat, and Jehoram, and Ahaziah, his fathers, kings of Judah, had dedicated, and his own hallowed things, and all the gold that was found in the treasures of the house of the LORD, and in the king's house, and sent it to Hazael king of Syria: and he went away from Jerusalem.
19 And the rest of the acts of Joash, and all that he did, are they not written in the book of the chronicles of the kings of Judah?
20 And his servants arose, and made a conspiracy, and slew Joash in the house of Millo, which goeth down to Silla.
21 For Jozachar the son of Shimeath, and Jehozabad the son of Shomer, his servants, smote him, and he died; and they buried him with his fathers in the city of David: and Amaziah his son reigned in his stead.
2 Kings, Chapter 12.
1 In the second year of Joash son of Jehoahaz king of Israel reigned Amaziah the son of Joash king of Judah. 2 He was twenty and five years old when he began to reign, and reigned twenty and nine years in Jerusalem. And his mother's name [was] Jehoaddan of Jerusalem. 2 Kings 14:1-2.
8 And it came to pass, that, when Jehu was executing judgment upon the house of Ahab, and found the princes of Judah, and the sons of the brethren of Ahaziah, that ministered to Ahaziah, he slew them.
9And he sought Ahaziah: and they caught him, (for he was hid in Samaria,) and brought him to Jehu: and when they had slain him, they buried him: Because, said they, he [is] the son of Jehoshaphat, who sought the LORD with all his heart. So the house of Ahaziah had no power to keep still the kingdom. 10But when Athaliah the mother of Ahaziah saw that her son was dead, she arose and destroyed all the seed royal of the house of Judah. 11But Jehoshabeath, the daughter of the king, took Joash the son of Ahaziah, and stole him from among the king's sons that were slain, and put him and his nurse in a bedchamber. So Jehoshabeath, the daughter of king Jehoram, the wife of Jehoiada the priest, (for she was the sister of Ahaziah,) hid him from Athaliah, so that she slew him not. 12And he was with them hid in the house of God six years: and Athaliah reigned over the land. 2 Chronicles 22:8-12.
2 Chronicles, Chapter 24:
1 Joash was seven years old when he began to reign, and he reigned forty years in Jerusalem. His mother's name also was Zibiah of Beersheba.
2 And Joash did that which was right in the sight of the LORD all the days of Jehoiada the priest.
3 And Jehoiada took for him two wives; and he begat sons and daughters.
4 And it came to pass after this, that Joash was minded to repair the house of the LORD.
5 And he gathered together the priests and the Levites, and said to them, Go out unto the cities of Judah, and gather of all Israel money to repair the house of your God from year to year, and see that ye hasten the matter. Howbeit the Levites hastened it not.
6 And the king called for Jehoiada the chief, and said unto him, Why hast thou not required of the Levites to bring in out of Judah and out of Jerusalem the collection, according to the commandment of Moses the servant of the LORD, and of the congregation of Israel, for the tabernacle of witness?
7 For the sons of Athaliah, that wicked woman, had broken up the house of God; and also all the dedicated things of the house of the LORD did they bestow upon Baalim.
8 And at the king's commandment they made a chest, and set it without at the gate of the house of the LORD.
9 And they made a proclamation through Judah and Jerusalem, to bring in to the LORD the collection that Moses the servant of God laid upon Israel in the wilderness.
10 And all the princes and all the people rejoiced, and brought in, and cast into the chest, until they had made an end.
11 Now it came to pass, that at what time the chest was brought unto the king's office by the hand of the Levites, and when they saw that there was much money, the king's scribe and the high priest's officer came and emptied the chest, and took it, and carried it to his place again. Thus they did day by day, and gathered money in abundance.
12 And the king and Jehoiada gave it to such as did the work of the service of the house of the LORD, and hired masons and carpenters to repair the house of the LORD, and also such as wrought iron and brass to mend the house of the LORD.
13 So the workmen wrought, and the work was perfected by them, and they set the house of God in his state, and strengthened it.
14 And when they had finished it, they brought the rest of the money before the king and Jehoiada, whereof were made vessels for the house of the LORD, even vessels to minister, and to offer withal, and spoons, and vessels of gold and silver. And they offered burnt offerings in the house of the LORD continually all the days of Jehoiada.
15 But Jehoiada waxed old, and was full of days when he died; an hundred and thirty years old was he when he died.
16 And they buried him in the city of David among the kings, because he had done good in Israel, both toward God, and toward his house.
17 Now after the death of Jehoiada came the princes of Judah, and made obeisance to the king. Then the king hearkened unto them.
18 And they left the house of the LORD God of their fathers, and served groves and idols: and wrath came upon Judah and Jerusalem for this their trespass.
19 Yet he sent prophets to them, to bring them again unto the LORD; and they testified against them: but they would not give ear.
20 And the Spirit of God came upon Zechariah the son of Jehoiada the priest, which stood above the people, and said unto them, Thus saith God, Why transgress ye the commandments of the LORD, that ye cannot prosper? because ye have forsaken the LORD, he hath also forsaken you.
21 And they conspired against him, and stoned him with stones at the commandment of the king in the court of the house of the LORD.
22 Thus Joash the king remembered not the kindness which Jehoiada his father had done to him, but slew his son. And when he died, he said, The LORD look upon it, and require it.
23 And it came to pass at the end of the year, that the host of Syria came up against him: and they came to Judah and Jerusalem, and destroyed all the princes of the people from among the people, and sent all the spoil of them unto the king of Damascus.
24 For the army of the Syrians came with a small company of men, and the LORD delivered a very great host into their hand, because they had forsaken the LORD God of their fathers. So they executed judgment against Joash.
25 And when they were departed from him, (for they left him in great diseases,) his own servants conspired against him for the blood of the sons of Jehoiada the priest, and slew him on his bed, and he died: and they buried him in the city of David, but they buried him not in the sepulchres of the kings.
26 And these are they that conspired against him; Zabad the son of Shimeath an Ammonitess, and Jehozabad the son of Shimrith a Moabitess.
27 Now concerning his sons, and the greatness of the burdens laid upon him, and the repairing of the house of God, behold, they are written in the story of the book of the kings. And Amaziah his son reigned in his stead.
2 Chronicles, Chapter 24.
CHILDREN of Joash and Jehoaddan:
- Amaziah. [CHART A7]. Amaziah was twenty and five years old when he began to reign, and he reigned twenty and nine years in Jerusalem. And his mother's name was Jehoaddan of Jerusalem. 2 Chronicles 24:1.
- [S1]. The Holy Bible. KJV. http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/.
HOW ARE WE RELATED:
- Joash. King of Judah. md. Jehoaddan
- Amaziah. King of Judah. md. Jecholiah
- Uzziah, King of Judah. King of Judah. md. Jerusha
- Jotham, King of Judah. King of Judah.
- Ahaz, King of Judah md. Abijah
- Hezekiah, King of Judah md. Hephzibah
- Manasseh, King of Judah md. Meshullemeth
- AMON, King of Judah md. Jedidiah
- JOSIAH, King of Judah md. Hammutal
- ZEDEKIAH, King of Judah
- TAMA TEPHI married OILIALLA. (Eochaid I), King of Ireland.
- GIALLCHADH, the 37th King of Ireland, 561BC-552BC.
- NUADH (Nuadhas Fionnfail), the 39th King of Ireland, 540BC-527BC.
- Aedan Glas. (Aodhan Glas). The Annals of the Four Masters does not list Aedan Glas as a ruler, which has created confusion in some lists.
- Simon Breac. (Siomon Breac), the 44th King of Ireland, 483BC-477BC.
- MUIREADHACH (Muirteadach Boigrach), the 46th King of Ireland, 469BC-468BC.
- FAICHAGH (Fiachadh Toigrach), the 55th King of Ireland, about 407BC.
- DUACH (Duach Laidhrach), the 59th King of Ireland, 381BC-371BC.
- EOCHAIDH (Eochaidh Buailgllerg)(Eochaidh Buadhach).
- UGAINE MOR, the Great, the 66th King of Ireland, 330BC-300BC.
- Cobhthach Coalbreag (Cobhthach Cael Breagh), the 69th King of Ireland, 284BC-267BC.
- Meilage Aminadab (Mellage, Melg Molbhthach, Melghe Molbhthach), the 71st King of Ireland, 253BC-241BC.
- JURAN Gleofathach (Jaran, Iarn, Irereo), the 74th King of Ireland, 228BC-222BC.
- Conla Cruaidh Cealgach (Connla Caemh), the 76th King of Ireland, 215BC-211BC.
- OILIALLA Caisfhaiclach. 77th King of Ireland, 211BC-186BC.
- EOCHAIDH Foitleathan (Eochaidh Ailtleathan). 79th King of Ireland, 181BC-174BC.
- Aengus Tuirheach Teamhrach. (Angus II)(Oengus). 81st High King of Ireland, 162BC-130BC. md Magach ingen Fergusa.
- Fiachu Fer Mara mac Aengusa.
- Ailill Erann mac Fiachach.
- Fearadhach mac Ailella. md Urlachan.
- Fergus mac Feradaig, King of Caledonia.
- Maine Mor mac Fergusa, King of Caledonia
- Airndil Dornaidel Nimrod mac Maine, King of Caledonia.
- Rothrer mac Airndil. King of Caledonia.
- Trer mac Rotherer.
- Roshin mac Trer Ui Eremoin.
- Suin Mac Rosin. King of Dalriada.
- Dedad Deagha mac Suin.
- Ivar Mór Ottangus mac Deadha. md Sinusa.
- Ailill Anglonnach Aulomm. md Maedhb ingen Echdach.
- Eogan Eoghan Ottaongus MacAilell. md Muncha ingen Dil o Crecraighe.
- Eterscél Mór mac Eoghan. King of Ireland. md Mess Buachalla ingen Echach
- Conaire I Mor mac Etersceoil .
- Cairpre Finn Mor mac Conaire ui Eremoin. (20AD-71AD).
- Daire Dorn Mor mac Cairpre. King of Caledonia.
- Coirpre Cromcheann mac Daire. King of Caledonia. (c55AD-103AD).
- Luctacus mac Caibre. (Lugaid Allathach). King of Caledonia. (c78AD-109AD).
- Mogh Lamha Lamha mac Lugdach. King of Scotland. (c110AD-?). md Eithne.
- Conaire Caem mac Modh Lamha. (c125AD-165AD). Established Kingdom of Dalriada, Ireland. Md Saraid ingen Cuinn Ceadcatha
- Eochaid Cairbre Riata mac Conaire. (c148AD-186AD). King of Dál Riata, Ireland. Md Morgan Finn NicFideach Ohailill
- Fiachra Cathmail mac Echach. (c175AD-252AD). of Dalriada, Ireland.
- Eochaid Antoit mac Fiachrach. (203AD-272AD). King of Dalriata.
- Achir Cirre mac Echach. (c231AD-294AD). King of Dalriada Ireland
- Finn Fiacc mac Achir. (249AD-303AD). King of Dalriada Ireland.
- Cruitluithe mac Finn. (c270AD-317AD). King od Dalriada Ireland.
- Senchormac Fincormach mac Cruithluithe. (c280AD-338AD). King of Dalriada Ireland.
- Fedelmid Ruamach mac Senchormac. (c304AD-?). King of Dalriada Ireland.
- Aengus Buiding mac Feideilmid. King of Dalriada Ireland.
- Fedelmid Aislingich Fedlimid Aisling. King of Dalriada, Ireland
- Aengus Fert mac Feideilmid.. King of Dalriada, Ireland
- Eochaid Muinremuir mac Oengus. King of Dalriada Ireland. (c380AD-439AD).
- ERC mac Echach. (c400AD-474AD). Had 12 sons, six stayed in Ireland, six moved to Scotland.
- FERGUS Mor Mac Erca Came to Scotland about 420 AD. (?-487AD).
- DOMANGART I (Dongard) (?-457AD)
- GABHRAN (Conran) (d. 535 AD)
- AIDAN of Argyll (Edhan) (?-608AD)
- EOCHAIDH I Buidhe (Eugene IV) (d.622AD)
- DOMNALL BREC (Donald IV) (?-c642AD)
- DOMANGART II MacDomnall (?-673AD)
- EOICHAID of Argyl (?-698AD) md. Entfidich
- EOICHAID III (?-733AD)
- Aed Find (Etfinus, Ethafind) (d. 761 AD) m. Fergina
- EOCHAID Achaias (d. 819 AD) m. Fergusia
- ALPIN MacEochaid (d. 834 AD)
- Kenneth II MacAlpin (c810-854AD)
- Constantin I, King of Scotland (d. 874 AD)
- DONALD II, King of Scotland (d. 903 AD)
- MALCOLM I, King of Scotland (?-954AD)
- KENNETH II, King of Scotland (?-995AD)
- MALCOLM II, King of Scotland (c954-1034AD)
- Bethoc (Beatrix) md. Crinan of Dunkeld.
- Duncan I, The Gracious (c1001-1040) md. Aelflaed (Sybil) of Northumbria
- MALCOLM III Caenmore (A.D.1055-1093) md. Margarethe of England
Our Line of Descent from Malcolm III:
MALCOLM III Caenmore (A.D.1055-1093) md. Margarethe of England
DAIVD I, The Saint, md. Maud of Northcumberland EDITH, md Henry I, King of England
HENRY of Huntingdon md. Adama of Surrey Matilda. (Maud) She married (1) Henry V of Germany. she married (2) Geoffrey V, Count of Anjou and Maine.
David of Huntingdon md. Maud of Chester HENRY II, King of England md Ida, Countess of Norfolk
Isabella of Huntingdon md. Robert IV de Brus William I Longspee md Ela Fitzpatrick
Robert V de Brus md. Isabella de Clare, of Gloucester William II Longspee md Idonie de Camville
Robert VI de Brus md. Marjorie of Carrick Ela Longspee md James de Audley
Robert I Bruce md. Isabella of Mar Hugh de Audley md Isolde de Mortimer
Margary Bruce md. Walter Stewart III Hugh de Audley md Margaret de Clare
Robert II md. Euphemia of Ross Margaret de Audley. md Ralph de Stafford
Robert III (Stuart) md. Arabella Drummond Hugh Stafford. md Philippa de Beauchamp
James I, King of Scotland md. Joan Beaufort Edmund Stafford. md Anne of Gloucester
Joan STEWART (STUART) md. James DOUGLAS III, Earl of Morton Humphrey Stafford. md Anne Neville
Janet DOUGLAS (c1461-1489). md. Patrick HEPBURN Margaret Stafford md Robert Dunham
Jane HEPBURN (1485-c1558). md. George SEATON John Dunham md Elizabeth Bowett
George SEATON III (c1508-1549). md. Elizabeth HAY John Dunham II md Jean Thorland
Marion SEATON (1528-1567). md. John GRAHAM John Dunham III md Benedict Folgamsee
Margaret (Mary) GRAHAM md. George BUCHANAN Ralph Dunham. He married Elizabeth Wentworth.
Margaret Helen BUCHANAN md. (Sir) Alexander COLQUHOUN Thomas Dunham. He married Jane Bromley.
(Sir) Alexander COLQUHOUN md. Marion Stirling (Sterling) John Dunham Sr.. He married Susanna Kenney/Keno.
(Sir) John COLQUHOUN (1595 or1632-c1647) md. Rebecca Short John Dunham Jr.. He married Mary.
William CAHOON (1633-1675) md. Deliverence PECK Mary Dunham. She married James Hamblin
Joseph CAHOON (1665-1710) md. (2) Elizabeth SCRANTON Elkenah Hamblin. He married Abigail Hamblin.
Ebenezer CAHOON md. Mary REYNOLDS Sylvanus Hamblin. He married Dorcas Fish.
William CAHOONE md. (2) Elizabeth VAUGHAN Barnabus Hamblin. He married Mary Bassett.
William CAHOON md. (2) Mary SMITH Isaiah Hamblin. He married Daphne Haynes.
Mary CAHOON md. David ELLIOTT Jacob Vernon Hamblin md Sarah Priscilla Leavitt.
Peter Mack ELLIOTT md. Charlotte ALVORD Ella Ann Hamblin = Warren Moroni Tenney
Harriett Louisa ELLIOTT md. James Newberry MORRIS Clive Vernon Tenney = Minnie Williams
Eli Ray MORRIS (1892-1980) md. Tina Matilda KUNZLER Mildred Ella Tenney = Glenn Russell Handy
LeGrand Elliott MORRIS md. Dorothea Bertha Ernestine Kersten |
Rodney Allen MORRIS -- married -- Deborah Lee Handy