HOME ~ Contact us
John Hyano and No-pee
. John HYANO. (Highyannough). Indian Chief of the Cummaquid.
Born about 1595 on Cape Cod, Massachusetts; son of IHYANNOUGH .
He died about 1680, and was buried at Gay Head, Martha Vinyard Island, Massachusetts. (S4).
Highyannough went to sleep in 1641 past 87 years of age; so states the Zerviah Newcombs Diary.(S4). [Is this John Hyano, the son of Iyanough? Iyanough died in 1623.]
[F7439]. No-pee (called Mary).
Born about 1600 at Gay Head, Martha’s Vinyard Island, Massachusetts; daughter of No-took-saet [F14878], a Martha Vinyard Island Sachem.
CHILDREN of John HYANO [F7438] and No-pee [F7439]:
- Mary HYANO. She married Augustin BEARSE about 1639, probably in Barnstable, Barnstable County, Massachusetts.
- [S1]. Genealogical Notes of Barnstable Families. by Amis Otis. 1979. Genealogical Publishing Co.:Baltimore.
- [S2]. The Royal Ancestry of the Hamblin Family. Compiled for the Hamblin Family Association by George Merrill Roy, I.A.G. Received from Geraldine Tenney Nelson.
- [S3]. http://www.chrisman.org/pedigree/out57.htm#RIN24528
- [S4]. http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze297s2/hyanno.htm.
- [S5]. http://www.angelfire.com/or/aleonc/out118.html#RIN24524. (This is an exact copy of source 3).
- [S6]. http://demo.genserv.com/sub/strub/fam_428.htm#5.