HOME ~ Contact us
Adam HEPBURN and Helen Home
Adam Hepburn, Master of Hailes (born after 1432 – died 1479) was Sheriff of Berwickshire in April 1467, and had a charter of confirmation of Dunsyre in the sheriffdom of Lanarkshire, dated 13 October 1475, being thereafter designated 'of Dunsyre'.
Adam Hepburn, Master of Hailes, was the son of Sir Patrick Hepburn, 1st Lord Hailes and Ellen Wallace. He was not of age to marry on 2 February 1448, the date of the marriage contract agreed between his father, and Sir Alexander Home, knight, (afterwards created Lord Home), which settled the contract of marriage between Adam and Helen Home, Sir Alexander's daughter by his spouse Janet Haye, daughter of Sir William de la Haye and Alice de la Haye.
Daughter of Sir Alexander Home and Janet de la Haye.
CHILDREN of Adam HEPBURN and Helen Home:
- Patrick Hepburn. 1st Earl of Bothwell. Born about 1452. He married Janet Douglas. He died on 18 October 1508.
- George Hepburn (c. 1454 – 9 September 1513)
- Margaret Hepburn (c. 1456 – 8 November 1542 married Alexander Cunningham, 1st Earl of Glencairn.
- Adam Hepburn (c. 1457 – 9 September 1513)
- Elizabeth (Agnes) Hepburn (born c. 1461) married Alexander Home
- [S1]. Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Hepburn,_1st_Earl_of_Bothwell.