HOME ~ Contact us
(Sir) David Graham and Helen de Strathearn
(Sir) David Graham. Laird of Kincardine. Of Kincardine and Old Montrose.
Born about 1295, of Kincardine, Perthshire, Scotland; son of (Sir) David Graham of Kincardine and Isabella, of Perthshire . (S1).
He married Helen of Strathearn in October 1354. (S1,S2).
He was known for his patriotism and valour. He was one of the barons who negotiated the ransom of King David II after he was captured by the English at the Battle of Durham in 1346. He sat in Parliament in 1357 when the treaty for King David's release was approved. He took an oath of homage and fealty to King Robert II in 1371. (S1).
He died after 4 April 1373 in Montrose, Forfarshire (Present Angus), Scotland. (S1).
Helen de Strathearn. (Ealaan).
Born about 1325 at Strathearn and Inchaffray, Perthshire, Scotland; daughter of Malise, 7th Earl of strathearn, and Joan (Sutherland-S2)(Menteith-S2).
She married (1) Reginald le Cheyne, 4th Earl of Iverugie, before 1353. (S2).
Children of 1st husband:
1.Reginald le Cheyne b: ABT 1345 in of Duffus Castle, Morayshire, England.
2.Mariot le CHEYNE b: ABT 1348 in of Duffus Castle, Morayshire, England.
She married (2) (Sir) David Graham of Kincardine & Old Montrose, after 7 October 1353. (S2).
She died in 1361 in Kincardine, Perthshire, Scotland. (S2).
CHILDREN of (Sir) David Graham and Helen de Strathearn:
- (Sir) Patrick Graham. Earl of Strathearn. Lord Dundaff. He maried (1) Matilda. He married (2) Euphemia (Egidia) Stewart. Patrick died (in 1400)(in1413).
- Elizabeth Graham. Born about 1360, of Kincardine. (S1,S2). She married William, 7th Earl of Ross. (S1).
- David Graham.
- John Graham. 1st of Auchencloich and Tamrawer.
- [S1]. Sir David Graham of Kincardine & Old Montrose. Geni. http://www.geni.com/people/Sir-David-Graham-of-Kincardine-Old-Montrose/6000000012400384471.
- [S2]. Helen de Strathearn. Geni. http://www.geni.com/people/Helen-de-Strathearn/6000000009747216034.