HOME ~ Contact us
(Sir) David Graham of Dundaff and Annabella of Strathearn
(Sir) David Graham of Dundaff.
Born in 1210 at Dundaff Castle, Dunure, Ayrshire, Scotland; son of David Graham of Dundaff and Agnes Noble. (S1).
Sheriff of Berwickshire. (S1).
He witnessed a grant in 1260. (S1).
He obtained a charter for all of his lands from King Alexander III, and acquired the lands of Kincardine in Perthshire from his brother-in-law Malise, 5th Earl of Strathearn. These lands in Kincardine became one of the chief designations of the Graham family. (S1).
He died on 27 April 1270 in Kincardine, Perthshire, Scotland. (S1).
Annabella of Strathearn. [NOTE: This is said to be confusion with Annabella, wife of his son Patrick. see especially The Scots Peerage].
Born in 1212 in Strathearn, Perthshire, Scotland; dauther of Robert, 4th Earl of Strathearn and Maud of the Orkneys . (S1,S2).
She died in 1263 in Perth, Perthshire, Scotland. (S2).
CHILDREN of (Sir) David Graham of Dundaff and Annabella of Strathearn:
- (Sir) Patrick Graham of Kincardine. He married Annabella of Strathearn. He died on 28 April 1296.
- (Sir) John Graham, of Dundaff. The companion of Wallace. He was killed fighting alongside William Wallace when he was defeated by the English at the Battle of Falkirk on 22 July 1298. (S1).
- David Graham, of Old Montrose
- [S1]. Sir David Graham of Dundaff. Geni. http://www.geni.com/people/Sir-David-Graham-of-Dundaff/6000000004533931524.
- [S2]. Annabella of Strathearn. Geni. http://www.geni.com/people/Annabella-of-Strathearn/6000000005597798062