HOME ~ Contact us
Jonathan Bassett and Mary Freeman
Jonathan BASSETT. [Our Basset Ancestors].
Born 6 May 1721 at Barnstable, Barnstable County, Massachusetts; son of William BASSETT and Abigail BOURNE.
He married Mary FREEMAN on 10 November 1748 at Sandwich, Barnstable County, Massachusetts.
He died on 7 June 1772, and was buried in the Sandwich Old Burying Ground, Sandwich, Barnstable County, Massachusetts.
Mary FREEMAN. [PC T3].
Born in 1730 at Sandwich, Barnstable County, Massachusetts; daughter of John FREEMAN and Deliverance LAWRENCE.
She married Jonathan BASSETT on 10 November 1748 at Sandwich, Barnstable County, Massachusetts.
CHILDREN of Jonathan BASSETT and Mary FREEMAN:
- Deliverance BASSETT. Born 14 April 1751 at Sandwich, Barnstable County, Massachusetts. She married (1) Elisha HALL on 20 October 1768. She married (2) Isaac KNOWLES on 16 September 1775 in Eastham, Massachusetts. Died after 1820 at Troy, New York.
- Mary BASSETT. [Our Basset Ancestors]. Born on 26 August 1753 at Sandwich, Barnstable County, Massachusetts. She married Barnabas Hamblin on on 23 November 1769 in Falmouth, Barnstable County, Massachusetts. (S7). She died on Grand Isle, Grand Isle County, Vermont. (S7).
- Jonathan BASSETT. He was named in his grandfather’s will.
- [S1]. Glenn Russell Handy Family Records.
- [S2]. Genealogical Notes of Barnstable Families, being a reprint of the Amos Otis Papers, Originally published in “The Barnstable Patriot.” Revised by C.F. Swift. Volume 1. F.B.& F.P. Goss, Publishers:Barnstable, MA.
- [S3]. Sandwich Old Burying Ground 1750 – 1779. http://www.capecodgravestones.com/sandwich2.html
- [S4]. http://www.aemyers.net/genealogy/d0028/g0000021.html
- [S5]. http://www.cal.net/~minao/family_history/www/ html/genealogy/d0003/g0000092.html
- [S6]. http://babbage.clarku.edu/~djoyce/gen/report/rr03/rr03_210.html
- [S7]. Descendants of William Bassett, Through 10 Generations. http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/c/o/l/Wade-Collier-MA/FILE/0014text.txt.
- [S8]. CFI. LDS Archives, Pedigree Chart Index.