HOME ~ Contact us
Robert ANDREWS and Grace MELBURN
[F7844]. Robert ANDREWS. (Andrus). [PC W2-10].
Robert was christened on 14 November 1609 in Boxford, Berkshire, England; son of a href="ANDREWS%20Robert%20F15688.html">Robert ANDREWS [F15688].
Robert owned an inn at Linebrook Parish, Ipswich, Essex County, Massachusetts; where on 3 September 1635 he was "licensed to keep orinarye in the plantacon where he lyves during the pleasure of ye court." This is the earliest reference to a public house in the records of Ipswich." In 1635, Robert Andres is allowed to sell wine by by retail, "if he do not wittingly sell to such as abuse it by drunkenness." Again on 13 May 1640 "Robert Anros is granted to draw wine at Ipswich, with the conditions of the towne."
He married Grace Melburn in 1637 at Bocking, England.
Again on 13 May 1640 "Robert Anros is granted to draw wine at Ipswich, with the conditions of the towne."
He died on 29 May 1668 in Topsfield, Essex County, Massachusetts; and was buried there.
[F7845]. Grace MELBURN. [PC W2-10].
She was born (about 1616)(in 1617-S7) in Boxford, Berkshire, England. She died on 25 DEC (1700)(1702). Her body was interred on 4 January 1703 in Topsfield, Essex County, Massachusetts.
CHILDREN of Robert ANDREWS [F7844] and Grace MELBURN [F7845]:
- Mary ANDREWS. Born 29 May 1639 in Topsfield, Essex County, Massachusetts. She married (Deacon) Isaac Cummings, son of Isaac Cummings and Elizabeth, on 27 November 1659 in Topsfield, Essex County, Massachusetts. Mary died (between 1699 and 1712)(in January 1725).
- Hannah ANDREWS. Born in 1642 in England. She married John PEABODY on 23 November 1665. Hannah died on (4 December 1702-S1)(25 December 1700-S2) in Boxford, Essex County, Massachusetts. John married (2) Sarah Trescott on 26 NOV 1703. John died on 5 July 1720 in Boxford, Massachusetts.
- Elizabeth ANDREWS. Born in 1643. She married Samuel SYMONDS on 14 April 1662. Samuel was born 1638. Samuel died August 14, 1722. Elizabeth died on 17 March 1725.
- Thomas ANDREWS. Born 15 October 1645. He married Martha Antrum. Thomas died (1719)(1 April 1724).
- [F3922]. John ANDREWS. [PC W2-10]. Born about 1648. He was of Boxford, Worcester County, Massachusetts. He married Sarah DICKENSON [F3923] on 18 April 1684 in Rowley, Essex County, Massachusetts. He was made a freeman in October 1690. He died (in 1724)(about 1731-S2) in Boxford, Worcester County, Massachusetts.
- Robert ANDREWS. Born in 1651. Robert died on 19 December 1675.
- Rebecca Andrews was born in Topsfield, Essex Co, Ma 1654. Rebecca died 1718. She married Samuel Marble November 26, 1675. Samuel was born before 1660. Samuel died after 1675.
- Joseph ANDREWS. Born on 18 September 1657 in Topsfield, Essex County, Massachusetts. He married (1) Sarah Perley on 1 February He married (20 Mary Dickinson on 13 March 1696. He died in 1732.
- Sarah ANDREWS. Born in 1658 in Topsfield, Essex County, Massachusetts. She married Daniel WOOD. Sarah died on 27 September 1714.
- Abigail Andrews was born May 29, 1660.
- Ruth ANDREWS. Born on 27 MAY 1664 in Topsfield, Essex County, Massachusetts. She married Edward Phelps, son of Edward Phelps and Elizabeth Adams, on 19 March 1682. Ruth died ON 1 February 1744.