HOME ~ Contact us
(Sir) John ap Adam and Millicent Bessylls
(Sir) John ap ADAM. Lord of Llanllywel and Beachley. [Ancestors].
Born (about 1330-S10)(in 1332-S1)(about 1332-S5)(in 1388-S2) (at Barton St. David, Somersetshire-S1)(in Gloucestershire, England-S2)(in Gorset, Chepstow, Monmouthshire, Wales-S5,S10); son of Thomas ap Adam and Joan Inge. (S1,S5).
John married Millicent Bessylls. (S1,S2,S5).
Note: S9 says he married Joyce Wynston, daughter of Andrew Wynston. (S9). The short pedigree found on page 199 (Bradney, History of Monmouthshire, vol. 1 p. 199) for this individual has mis-identified him with Sir John ap Thomas ap John ap Adam who married Joyce Wynston. (S10). S10 lists the marriage to Joyce Wynston as a second marriage.
Sir John ap Sir Thomas ap Adam was summoned to parliament 19 Edw. I (1290-1291) (S9,S10); and to military service many times between 1297 and 1307 (S10). which does not match his approximate birth year of about 1330. (S10).
John, living 28 May 1375, who together with Margaret, his wife, sold the manor of Sharncote, Wilts, to Thomas, Lord of Berkeley, in (1414-15) 2 Hen. V. (S11).
John died (in 1360-S1,S2)(in 1375-S5)(after 1376-S10) in (Beverston-S5), Gloucestershire, England. (S1,S2).
Born (in 1306-S2,S3)(about 1334-S10)(in 1334-S1,S7) in (Gorset-S1)(Gorsete Chepstow-S3,S7), Monmouthshire, Wales; daughter of Mathew Bessylls and Beatrice. (S1,S10).
Millicent died (in 1388-S7)(in 1428-S2,S3) in Charlton, Gloucestershire, England. (S7).
CHILDREN of (Sir) John ap Adam and Millicent Bessylls:
- (Sir) John ap ADAMS. [Ancestors]. Lord of Llanllywel. (S8,S9). Born (in 1359-S8)(about 1360-S1)(about 1362-S10)(in 1367-S8)(in 1380-S3) in (Gloucestershire, England-S1)(in Gorset, Monmouthshire, Wales-S8,S10). He married Clara Powell. (S1,S8). He died (in 1424-S8,S9)(in 1440-S1) in Beverston, Gloucestershire, England. (S8). It is said that John Adams had no issue, and the estates descended on Elizabeth.
- Elizabeth Adams. Born in 1361 in Monmouthshire, Wales. (S4). Elizabeth married (Tomlyn Huntley-S4)(John Tomlyn alias Huntley of Tre Owen-S9,S10). Bradney's history of Monmouthshire agrees that the wife of Thomlyn Huntley was a granddaughter of Thomas ap Adam, not a daughter, and agrees in calling her Elizabeth. (S11).
- Thomas Adams. Born in 1350 in charlton, Somersetshire, England. (S6). He died in 1379 in England. (S6).
- [S1]. Sir John ap Adams. Our Family Tree. https://www.ourfamtree.org/browse.php/Millicent-Bessylls/p252418.
- [S2]. John Ap Adams. Ancestry. https://www.ancestry.com/genealogy/records/john-ap-adams_35463184.
- [S3]. Millicent Bessylls. Ancestry. https://www.ancestry.com/genealogy/records/millicent-bessylls_119801979.
- [S4]. Elizabeth Adams. Geni. https://www.geni.com/people/Elizabeth-Adams/6000000020318782046.
- [S5]. Sir John Adams, Lord of Llanllywel. Geni. https://www.geni.com/people/Sir-John-Adams-Lord-of-Llanllywel/6000000002447167902?through=6000000020318782046.
- [S6]. Thomas Adams. Geni. https://www.geni.com/people/Thomas-Adams/6000000028834632574?through=6000000002447167902.
- [S7]. Lady Millicent Adams. Geni. https://www.geni.com/people/Lady-Millicent-Adams/6000000002447167910?through=6000000002447167902.
- [S8]. Sir John Adams II, Lord of Llanllywel. Geni. https://www.geni.com/people/Sir-John-Adams-II-Lord-of-Llanllywel/6000000002447167888?through=6000000002447167910.
- [S9]. Celtic Royal Genealogy. RootsWeb. http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=aet%2Dt&id=I88566.
- [S10]. Ladd, Reed, Cook, Engle, Hamilton, Lennon Ancestors. RootsWeb. http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=tibart&id=I53018.
- [S11]. John Ap Adam. WikiTree. https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Ap_Adam-56.
ANCESTORS OF John ap Adam:
ADAM (0-930AM) md EVE
ABRAHAM (1948-2123AM) (Abram).
ISAAC (2049AM-2229AM) = Rebecca
JUDAH. He married TAMAR
ZERAH (Zeus). He married ELECTRA
DARDANUS (Darda). He married BATES [Dardanus is a descendant of Mahol and Zerah]
ERICHTHONIUS . He married Astyoche Ilium
TROAS, King of Dardania. He married and Callirhoe Illium
ASSARACUS, King of Dardania
CAPYS, Prince of Troy, and THEMISTE
ANCHESES, Prince of Troy, and FETJUIR
AENEAS, King of Latium, and CREUSA
IULUS ASCANIUS ap Aeneas, King of Alba Longa
SYLVIUS ap Iulus Ascanius (Silvius)
BRUTUS ap Sylvius. [Geoffrey of Monmouth, in Historia Regum Britanniae, says explicitly, Brutus is the grandson, rather than son, of Ascanius].
CAMBER ap Brutus
GORBONIAN ap Camber
DYFNWAL HEN ap Gorbonian
CYNGEN ap Dyfnwal
ASSER ap Cyngen
BLEIDDUD ap Asser
HENWYN ap Bleiddud = RHAGAW verch Llyr (King Lear)
CUNEDDA ap Henwyn
RHIWALLON ap Cunedda
GWRWST ap Rhiwallon
SEISYLL ap Gwrwst
ANTONIUS ap Seisyll (about 1300BC)
AEDD MAWR (living about 300BC)
PRYDAIN (Brydain) ap Aedd (c300BC-?)
DYFNARTH ap Prydain
CRYDON ap Dyfnarth
CERWYD ap Crydon
ENEID ap Cerwyd
MANOGAN ap Eneid
Affleth ap Beli Mawr
Afallach ap Affleth
Enddolen ap Afallach
Endos ap Enddolen
Enied ap Endos
Endeyrn ap Enied
Endicant ap Endeyrn
Deheuwaint ap Endicant
Rydeyrn ap Deheuwaint
Gwrtheyrn ap Rydeyrn
Cyndeyrn ap Gwrtheyrn
Rhuddfedel Frych ap Cyndeyrn
Brydw ap Rhuddfedel Frych
Pasgen ap Brydw
Cadell Ddyrnllwg ap Pasgen
Pasgen ap Cadell Ddyrnllwg
Mawn ap Pasgen
Cyngen ap Mawn
Brochwel Ysgithrog ap Cyngen
Cynan ap Brochwel Ysgithrog
Cadell ap Cynan
Gwnfyw Frych ap Cadell
Gywnnan ap Gwnfyw Frych
Gwriawn ap Gywnnan
Byordderch ap Gwriawn
Brwyn (Bywyn) ap Byordderch
Gwaeddgar ap Brwyn
Grwgant ap Gwaeddgar
Cadfarch ap Gwrgant
Ynyr ap Cadfarch
Dyngad ap Tudor Trevor (c930-?) and Sissely verch Seferys
Rhiwallon ap Dyngad. (c965-1040)
Caragdog ap Rhiwallon. (c1000-?)
Breichiol ap Caradog (c1030-?)
Pyll ap Breichiol (c1060-?).
Meurig ap Pyll (c1095-?).
Caradog of Penrhos. (c1125-?).
Iorwerth ap Caradog (c1150-?) and Alis ferch Bleddyn.
Adam Gwent (Adam ap Iorwerth) (c1190-)
John ap Adam (Adam Fynchan) (c1220-?)
(Sir) John ap Adam (c1255-1311) and Elizabeth de Gournay
Thomas ap Adam (c1307-c1343) and Joan Inge
John ap Adam (c1330-c1376) married Millicent Bessylls
HOW ARE WE RELATED:
John ap Adam (c1330-c1376) married Millicent Bessylls
(Sir) John ap Adams (c1360-?) (He added the "s" to the name,) md Clara Powell
Roger Adams (1392-?) and Jane Ellyott
Thomas Adams (1422-1452) and Marie Upton
John Adams (1452-1483) and Jane Rannelegh
John Adams (1482-1577) and Catherine Stebbing
John Adams (c1500-1543) and Margery Squire
Richard Adams (1530-1603) and Margaret Armager
Robert Adams (1550-1602) and Elizabeth Sharlon
Robert Adams (1602-1682) and Eleanor Wilmot
Elizabeth Adams (1641-1718) and Edward Phelps
Samuel Phelps and Sarah Chandler
John Phelps and Sarah Andrews
John Phelps and Deborah Lovejoy
Samuel Phelps and Margaret Nevins
Ebenezer Ferrin and Lydia Phelps
Samuel Ferrin and Sally Clotilda Powell
Lydia Powell Ferrin and George William Washington Williams
George William Williams and Harriett Thurston
Minnie Williams and Clive Vernon Tenney
Mildred Ella Tenney and Glenn Russell Handy
Deborah Lee Handy and Rodney Allen Morris